Sunday, September 11, 2011

our week + pictures ...

I think we've experienced every emotion this week. Life just gets crazy for all of us. And sickness happens to all of us too.
Charlotte has had a rough couple of weeks- she's just been wheezing and coughing. Finally after a week of NOBODY sleeping, I took her in. Long story short, we ended up in the HOSPITAL... turns out she had PNEUMONIA....WHAT???!!! so stinkin scary I could SCREAM. NO one likes the hospital. Especially not our family. She was there for 2 days bless her heart. She was such a trooper. Every nurse that came in was just like "how can she have pneumonia?, she's so beautiful and smiley"... yadda yadda ya. I KNOW , she tricks us. She never gets a fever or acts sick, but really she could be dying and we wouldn't know it.

Got RELEASED from the hospital and on antibiotics. Life has been returning to normal. We were supposed to go visit friends in KEARNY and couldn't go because of our scare with Sugar. Fortunately, she's continuing to get better. I'm so grateful for that.

She was acting and breathing so good that I took the girls to the FARMERS MARKET yesterday... it was A DREAM. We didn't stay too long, but it was nice to get out for a minute.

THE Farmers Market is truly my favorite. I love everything about it- I might cry because this is our last FALL here; and FALL IS THE BEST IN LINCOLN. (my favorite part of NE.)
Anyway, I thought these pictures were pretty cute. The girls were having so much fun together. I love when they are best friends, which is most of the time.

DON'T THEY LOOK SO HAPPY AND "NOT SICK" in these pictures? I know, I think so too. WELL.... for whatever reason, Paisley STARTED THROWING UP LATE LAST NIGHT AND HASN'T STOPPED SINCE. I feel so bad for her. And... Wes is out of town :( So we are home from church and Paisley is finally asleep for the first time since midnight :( I've been washing sheets and jammies and towels since midnight too.... oh the joys :) i'm too scared to take a nap in fear that Paisley will throw up again and I won't be there to catch it in time :( So, I blog....


Why do we have the flu and pnemonia in the SUMMER???? so weird. I always associated that with winter yuckies.

As Im posting these pictures I just noticed the sign below the water tower... NO WADING... oops. Paisley truly was chilling, feet in the water as I was taking this picture of Sugar. I'm so observant sometimes.

Dancing to the live music

"I wanna hold your hand"- the Beatles :)

I love GAME DAY in Nebraska. There's such an excitement that you can almost TASTE! Everything and everywhere is "GO BIG RED" I love that this little restaurant on the corner wrote GO BIG RED on their chalkboard outside.

We got some fresh flowers... they're so pretty. I let the girls pick them out. Well, Paisley picked one and I assume Sugar wanted the one she was trying to eat :)

We even saw our friends there! Paisley spotted Sydney right away! They are so cute and funny together :) 2 peas in a pod. love little Sydney.



Best girls in the world :)

Well there's our weeks adventure right there. Hope nobody else gets sick. I just want to chill at home for a while and get the sicky's ALL OUT of our system.
-Ashley

9 comments:

Katie said...

your girls look beautiful! sorry about the sickness though...

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry!!! Its so hard to see those cuties sick and not be able to take it away. You are such a trooper, and deserve a date night when Wes comes back! Let us Babysit :)

ashley and wes said...

Not very many wives would let their husbands leave town for the weekend to go to a college football game while she is stuck at home with two sick kids, and then greet him with a smile when he finally gets home from the airport at 1:00am. Conclusion, I married a winner! You are the best Ash. I owe you one, big time. Love you. Wes

Unknown said...

I Hope paisley starts feeling better! what a week! you are definately a trooper. I wouldnt have handled two very sick kids as well as you :) the girls look so cute in those pictures! did you do something different to paisleys hair? she looks older!! hopefully we can see you this weekend if the girls are feeling better. if not....a kearney sleepover when we can manage to do it :)

Amber Lee said...

Why are they both growing up so FAST?! They are little dolls Ash, (like their momma). Sorry to hear about all the sickness, thats sad when theyre so sick :(

Kyle and Reesie said...

Oh my gosh ASH!!!!! I want to scream for you. I can't believe all that happened, and of course when the boys were gone. You poor dear! Little Char in the hospital, and then Paisley! Yea, I felt that way when we took the boys to the ER with croup in July...come on! Who would have thought those stupid things came around in the summer. It makes me want to cry when you talk about Nebraska and Fall...I am missing it! Fall is kinda like the best and only time to be there! And we get to miss out on our last one. I just hope you keep having the best time ever. We think about you guys non-stop. It makes me want to get pneumonia and be sick in bed thinking about you not being there when we get back...maybe a little dramatic but true. Love your guts, miss ya a bunch. Give the girlies kisses for us!

Sarah said...

Oh my Ashley, I had no clue Paisley got the flu...probably from us =( I hope she's feeling better and that it only lasted 24 hours. Now I think pretty much every kid has gotten the flu the past two weeks and like you said it's not even winter! I hope there's no more sickness for the winter. By the way your girls are so cute!

ConnieB said...

pneumonia! that would be so scary. I hope you guys are WAY past that now.

It was so great meeting you in AZ- you are darling & so sweet!

Jana said...

lincoln does have an amazing farmer's market. poor charlotte! and poor mommy. i'll never forget sitting in the hospital watching Will so sick, getting a breathing treatment. oh and the time he fell out of a truck on his face. that was sad too. glad everyone is feeling better. miss your face