Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break was awesome, but it's now over :( Wes, the girls and I had a relaxing week for the most part. It was so great to have Wes around a little more often than we are used to. (Of course he still did study at school some days, but we had him quite a bit!) Thanks WES! One night we even had a special little family dinner, with candles and sparkling water (Wes's favorite) :) IT was fun to do things a little different than we usually do.

This weekend we went downtown and had lunch with friends and then went to the Childrens Museum, Paisley's favorite. We had such a fun time as a family- and then we had fun being silly and taking pictures together; so I posted those too just for fun!







Then today... dun dun dun
I ran in a little race here in Lincoln. It was my first 5K ever, and I was pleased with how I did. When I started up running in January and I couldn't run longer than 5 minutes!!!! So this was my first big goal with running. OH and today it was 30 DEGREES AND SNOWING during the race!! haha. {of all days, right?!} I was so EXCITED to see my friend Brooke there with her kids cheering me on :) Brooke is my buddy who got me into running!! She's really great. And then, my sweet little family saying "GO MOMMY" at the finish line!!! I thought I would cry, but maybe I'll save that for when I do something like a full MARATHON haha. Anyway, slow and steady wins the race (at least in my book!!)
ps. I'm well aware that I look like a boy with my beanie on, or maybe it's not the beanie after all. oh well!


A couple weeks ago I got to visit AZ for a special reason :) MY brother and his sweet wife had their baby... ANDILYN. And the girls and I got to go see them!! It was honestly the best trip ever. I loved seeing my little niece and loving on her; she's so gorgeous. She has my sister in laws lips and my brothers hair!! I'm so proud of them; theyre doing a great job!!! They have a beautiful little family and I love them dearly. I miss THEM obviously a lot!

Well, that is all for now :)
-Ashley

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awesome!! Ashley I didn't know you were a runner!! Or that you started because of Brooke...we need to hang out more girl, I thought I knew ya, ha ha. Well anyway, congrats! That's so great that you still ran in the crummy weather we had today, and I'm super impressed because I definitely couldn't have run that far today, or any day actually. And I loved your pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun!

Jamie said...

Yeah Ashley!!! Aren't races fun? You look gorgeous in all of your photos. When will you be in AZ next? We REALLY need to catch up sometime! Hope you are doing well!

Alissa said...

Way to go on the 5K!! I love looking at your blog. So many cute pictures and I always enjoy your music choices.

Anonymous said...

Ash...your family is so dang cute! Paisley is so adorable looks like she could have an attitude! haha. Congrats on the running too! great job! Miss ya girl.

djfarnsworth said...

fun fun times...you will always remember these "Nebraskie" days....ENJOY!
Wish I could've been there to cheer ya on as well!! Woohoo girlie keep on truckin...Love Momma

Emily said...

You are amazing Ash! I love reading your blog. And I agree with Suzanne... we need to hang out more!

Tina said...

Way to go Ash! We are so proud of you! From all the Wrights.

Rachel said...

good job on ur run, that is fabulous. Ur fam is so cute. xoxo

Kyle and Reesie said...

You are just amazing. I am so proud of you and how awesome you are at running and kicking butt! I am so inspired by you, I think I may try and start doing something myself. Fun pics, you always make the cutest posts. :)

Adam & Ady said...

Your family is so stinking cute! You need to move to Vegas when you guys are done so that you are close to Arizona but then we can play! :) Because playing with us is more important than that awesome family that you miss so much right?! :) jk And your hair is SO long! You all look so great! We wish we were closer and could all get together. We miss the Lincoln friends and how wonderful everyone was!

Rae said...

Just thought I would say hi...Hi !! We miss you guys. Hope your loving spring. It is coming slowly here but it is coming. THANK GOODNESS!!! Love You

Unknown said...

Ash! I had NO IDEA you took up running! good for you with the 5K! I feel like we havent talked forever! We miss you like crazy. we will definately have to come out to Lincoln before you leave for the summer :( anyway, love you...thanx for the mail ....
ps. your hair is so long and BEAUTIFUL

Katie Wright Farnsworth said...

Ash! So proud of you running a 5K. that's awesome!! We miss ya. Love Steve and Katie